By using/purchasing from Barrier Reef Brewing Co you agree to the following terms and conditions and those outlined on adjoining pages. Barrier Reef Brewing Co may update and modify these T&Cs at any time without notice. For any questions or queries please contact email@example.com or on our Contact Us page at our main website (www.barrierreefbrewing.com.au)
Due to the ongoing pandemic, we are restricting online sales to our local region only (postcodes 4870, 4878 and 4879). We want to encourage social distancing and this service is part of that, while still enabling people to enjoy good beer! We are following events very closely, and may need to limit this area further or stop altogether based on government advice or our own analysis of the situation. People are more important than business and beer.
We will take every precaution during packing of your order to prevent any cross contamination, including wearing mask and gloves and misting 70% ethanol into the package just before sealing. Clearly if we become ill or suspect we are ill then all operations will cease. (We come from veterinary practice, so infection control is something we are used to!) Despite our precautions, we still advise you to wash the outside of each bottle with soapy water, as well as hand washing. We realize this may seem extreme but we are taking this situation very seriously. As a result, please don’t be alarmed if I arrive wearing a mask and/or gloves when I deliver your order! Will be aiming to have set delivery days, most likely Thursdays and Fridays, but please bear with us on this.
NO OUT OF AREA ORDERS PLEASE! We have added a punitive delivery charge to remind you of this at checkout!
This is a rapidly changing situation, and we apologize if we can’t fulfill your order. In this case will will endeavour to issue refunds as soon as practicable.
- Persons under the age of 18 are prohibited from purchasing alcohol. By purchasing from Barrier Reef Brewing Co you state that you are 18 years or older.
- In the event a beer is not available for one of our mixed pack selection (e.g. mixed 6 pack) we will replace that item with one of similar appearance and of equal or greater value.
- For photographic purposes we may have used props in photographs. Images are used for illustrative purposes.
- All products are packaged with care and safety to avoid damage. If a damaged product is received please view our refund and returns policy.
- Cancellations of orders must be done within 24 hours of purchase. All cancellations will receive a credit note to be used within 6 months of the original purchase date. If the purchase has already left our premises we are unable to accept cancellation of the order.
- Please enter all delivery details carefully. Inaccurate or misspelled delivery information often results in delays or non delivery of parcels. If a parcel is returned to us as a result of incorrect delivery address, failure of the recipient to pick the parcel up from the local post office or courier depot or delivery refusal, an email will be sent to the purchaser notifying them of the returned parcel. The purchaser will then have 30 days to organise redelivery. If redelivery is requested the delivery charges and a $10 processing and admin fee will also be charged. If no response is received by Barrier Reef Brewing Co within the 30 days from the date the notification email was sent the parcel will be deemed forfeited.
- By default our delivery instructions are for the parcel to be signed for on delivery, unless otherwise requested. All parcels must be signed by a person aged 18 years or older. If no one is available to sign, a notice card will be left in the recipient’s mailbox indicating that the parcel is at the local post office for collection or with one of our other courier partners.
- We will not accept liability for any loss or damage arising from items lost, stolen or damaged after delivery has taken place. This includes loss or damage resulting from delivery to unattended addresses whereby the sender has opted to have the gift left at front/back door or other location if no one is home. Requesting to have orders left at an unattended premises is at the purchasers own risk. If a refund is requested for a non-deliverable parcel (due to not being picked up from the post office or refusal by the recipient) a $10 processing fee will be charged.
- Our shipping and returns policy can be viewed below.
- We reserve the right to change prices without notice.
- All prices include Goods and Services Tax (GST) at the current rate of 10%.
- This website may contain different pricing to our cellar door prices.
- This is an Australian website.
- The accuracy of all information contained on this website is, to the knowledge of Barrier Reef Brewing Co accurate and up to date.
- Barrier Reef Brewing Co is not liable for inaccuracies of information contained in this website.
- Orders will not be dispatched until payment in full has been made.
- Material on this website is the property of Barrier Reef Brewing Co and cannot be copied or duplicated for personal, commercial or public use.
- Precautions are taken to ensure that this website and data transmissions are free from viruses. We use SSL to further protect your data, however, it is your responsibility to scan any such data for viruses.
All products are shipped within 1-2 business days of receiving your order.
If you have not received an order within 10 working days, please notify us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We use Fastway as our main courier partner. Their average delivery times for parcels from time of dispatch (orders are dispatched within 1-2 business days of the order being placed) are below:
- Sydney / ACT : 3-4 days
- NSW other than Sydney: 3-4 days
- Melbourne: 5 days
- VIC other than Melbourne: 5-6 days
- South East QLD: 3 days
- QLD other than South East: 2 – 4 days
- Adelaide: 5 days
- Perth: 9-10
- Hobart/Launceston – 7 days
**CURRENTLY ONLY DELIVERY TO CAIRNS AREA DUE TO COVID-19**
FREE DELIVERY TO OUR LOCAL REGION
In order to offer a competitive delivery fee, we use the Fastway Courier network. The ordering process has been designed to reflect the coverage of Fastway, but if you receive the ‘No Shipping Methods Are Available’ message then please get in touch at email@example.com and we will check this for you. We can still deliver outside of the Fastway network, (using for eg Australia Post) but unfortunately there will be an increase in cost for this.
Shipping is charged on a weight basis. Final freight costs are calculated during the online checkout process. Please see the rates when you view your ‘Basket’ prior to checkout. If you get a message saying that there are no shipping rates for your location, it could be that you are outside of the Fastway delivery network. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can give you an updated delivery cost.
Shipping is broken down as the following examples based on the cheapest option for you:
- T-shirt/shirts – $7
- Glasses (up to 4) – $7
- 1x 6 pack – $7
- 2-3x 6 packs – $11 (total – will be placed inside a carton-sized box)
- Carton (24x330ml bottles) – $11 per carton
**CURRENTLY ONLY DELIVERY TO CAIRNS AREA DUE TO COVID-19**
Please note, we do not currently ship beer outside of Australia, however we will send clothing and glasses/growlers to international customers (eventually!). Please contact us first for shipping rates.
If the order is being sent to a non-residential address, please ensure the business/company name is included.
All parcels can be tracked and by default we request they be signed for, i.e. not just left at the premises unattended. However, we do offer customers the option to state specific delivery instructions, e.g. leave behind side gate etc. If you chose to indicate delivery instructions to leave the parcel unattended on premises we accept no responsibility if parcels go missing once they have been delivered. By providing instructions to leave the parcel without signature customers accept the risks associated with this.
If the premises is unattended during a delivery which requires a signature a notice will be placed in your post box, please follow the instructions on this notice to arrange collection/re-delivery.
Deliveries are made during business hours Monday to Friday, however we are unable to give a guaranteed time of delivery. No deliveries are made on public holidays or weekends.
Should a re-delivery be required as a result of incorrect delivery address provided, parcel refusal by the recipient or the parcel not having been picked from the Fastway depot a re-delivery fee will be charged as well as a $10 processing and transaction fee.
Orders are dispatched once processed. We are unable to hold orders for delivery on a specific day.
If you get a message saying ‘No Shipping Methods Are Available’ during the ordering process, please try manually inputting your post code. If this still doesn’t work, please email us at email@example.com.
Refund and Returns
We are so sure that any product sold by Barrier Reef Brewing Co will meet or exceed your expectations that we guarantee the products we sell. Should you for any reason be dissatisfied with your purchase, simply return the items for a full refund. The cost of return postage, if applicable, is to be paid by the sender. If the items you are returning are beers please return all bottles, including empties. All returns must be made within 7 days of receipt and if the items are not beers they must be in an unused and saleable condition. In the unlikely event that your goods are damaged in transit please contact us immediately. Depending on the order and extent of damage to the goods we will be able to provide you with a credit or replacement, this is at the sole discretion of Barrier Reef Brewing Co.
To return items, please send to:
PO BOX 5267, Cairns QLD 4870.
Please ensure the following information is included so your return can be processed:
- Your Order number if known (appears on the top of the confirmation email)
- Your name and address
- A description of the item you are returning and a reason for the return
Please note: Alcohol deliveries cannot be accepted by persons under the age of 18 years
Barrier Reef Brewing Co – QLD Liquor License no 174020